Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Fall, Y'all!

200


It was only very recently that I started to care about the seasons changing (or lack thereof in South Louisiana). It is with a whole new perspective that I welcome the cool breezes that only stay for a week or so. Now it means that I can dress my girls in rich browns and creams with boots and tights, or white socks and mary janes. It means that pumpkin picking is not only about porch decorating, but the very serious process of choosing the pumpkin itself. Something about opening the windows, cleaning the house from top to bottom (or, well, almost...) and lighting pumpkin pie candles sort of make my heart skip a beat. My girls can feel me relax, and then all the sudden, they follow my lead, I have the two most chill babies ever. What I'm trying to say is, somehow Fall has become my favorite time of year.

095D

241D

262

235D


My girls light up when they see decorated houses in the neighborhood. Maggie usually pipes up from the back seat with a surprised, "OOhh, momma, look at 'dat!" They make me appreciate so much more the beauty that this area offers. We're just soaking it up these days.

213

025

083

015


Hope you can soak it up too. Feeling very thankful these days. Happy Fall, Ya'll!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos Katy! I love fall too and it by far is my favorite time of year. Ironically I just saw my first firefly last night - they don't have them in California but they are in Austin. I am really starting to love the south.

    ReplyDelete