Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Just the beginning.















I married my college sweetheart in June of 2007, just a few short months after my mother in law gave me my first digital camera. In August of 2008, I gave birth to my first sweet baby girl, and that little digital camera got a whole lot of use. My mother in law loved having so many pictures of her grandbaby, that she got us a newer Fujifilm. I think the screen on that Fuji had glitter on it, because I loved just about every picture I took. I played with editing and props, and before I knew it I had fallen in love with photography. I had my second baby girl in January of 2010, and of course have photographed her every move, and every interaction, bath, book reading, and play time with both of my girls. I love to give sweet littles the magical look in their pictures that they have when they play. The world is their playground, and I love to catch babies when they are being themselves, and when they are most comfortable-- in their own environment, not in a studio with people they don't know. I like to think of my photography sessions as more of a play date. I don't like to use too much of an artificial background, maybe just a white sheet. I love to dress baby girls up in delicate dresses, bright elaborate bows and tutus. And little boys get newsboy caps and teddy bears to bring out their best. Big lolly pops, flowers, favorite blankies, baby dolls, anything that is going to make your little one more comfortable. If you are interested in my "type" of photography or just like the look and want to give it a shot with your sweet little one, email me at katyhaggerty@yahoo.com to set an appointment. I look forward to our play date!

No comments:

Post a Comment