Thursday, July 29, 2010

D.J. and Will {Senior Photographer, Slidell, Louisiana}

D.J.

So I'm 25, and I graduated high school in 2002. It literally feels like yesterday to me. But it wasn't yesterday. It was 8 years ago. And if I told you how hard that is for me to believe, you'd kill me. Because 8 years isn't really that long ago, and I know that. But let me just tell you, hanging out with two guys that are about to be Seniors (with a capital S, because they are the Big Dogs on campus.) in high school for some reason made me feel really old and I don't really know why. Probably has a lot to do with one of my subjects, D.J., being my oldest nephew. He's grown up so much and has become one of the nicest, most sincere people I know. Never thought I'd say that after years of watching him as a little guy swiping toys from my mom's house to bring home. But the best part of that is he had this great little baseball cap that he'd have to fit on his head juuust right. And this little baseball cap was his vehicle for smuggling out toys. He'd get home, and take that little hat off and three or four little figurines would be perched on the top of his head. It makes me smile to think of how much of an adult he's already become. He's become so humble and mature, I can't wait to see what incredible things he'll do with his life. Here's some of my favorite shots of D.


(the teaser)
214dj


496

443

616

275

566

225

You've become such a handsome guy, and I know the future has so many wonderful things in store for you. Congratulations, D.J.!!


Will

Will and D.J. have been good friends for a while, and I had the pleasure of meeting him to do his Senior pictures. He's as polite as you can be, and although initially I thought he was quiet, his personality was shining through before I knew it. He's also another looker, and has a style all his own. It was so nice meeting you Will, you were so fun to work with. You and D.J. are such a hilarious pair. I wish you all the best! Congratulations!

Here's some of Will's fabulous shots:

707wh

517


416

122wh

635

550


Good luck guys!

647

1 comment:

  1. Katy -

    Hi - I'm Will's mom- Leigh Ann. I've got tears in my eyes looking at these pictures. You've done an awesome job and I appreciate it so much. The mother part of me says "Boy, he needed a hair cut before these pictures".I told him to have Kelly trim it up before he had them done. He just rolled his eyes. But this is him. Thank you so much! My email is LeighAnn.Hawks@gmail.com. Please email me and I'll give you my contact info for payment.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete