Monday, June 21, 2010

Double Your Fun! A Double Post.

The D-Boys. And their fabulous Momma, too.

There is just something about a set of brothers. It doesn't matter how far apart or close in age they are. It doesn't matter if they don't like the same things. It doesn't even matter if they are totally different and don't have a single thing in common. Because even if they think they don't, they do.

811

They both giggle when their momma says something funny. They both look at her so sweetly like she's the very best Mom they could ask for. They both start laughing hysterically when their mom says something to embaress the photographer (me)....but I couldn't get upset because when people find someone genuinely funny, they have very genuine smiles. And those are the very best in photographs. So, I took the embarressment and went with it. And the beautiful, happy 4th grader, and the cool, witty teenager emerged from the stiff, uncomfortable boys that we started with. I must admit, I was very impressed by their pictures right from the start, because, well, have you seen their eyes??!

405


370

And its not just their eyes. These guys have the most charming smiles, and they really jumped through all my little "photography hoops" without a single complaint. Except maybe that it was hot. Because, doggone, it was HOT outside!

455

602

And can someone please tell me what the chances are that we, whilst wandering through Old Towne, would happen upon a gorgeous restored F-100 with an incredible paint job, complete with flames down the side and a fleur-de-lis license plate on the front? Well, that day the stars must have been aligned. I can't think of a better background for this dude.

510

513

And lets not forget the aforementioned Momma. Jen works with me as a nurse, and is hilarious. We sort of feed off each other throughout the day to make the time pass. She's a great nurse and a super-great Mom. Beautiful!!

566

859

855

Thanks so much, Jen! Hope you like!

As far as fly girls go, this girl is fly.

Mindi needs little introduction. But I will offer one nonetheless. She has been one of my best friends since we were juniors in high school. She's positively hilarious, and an incredible performer (acting, singing, you name it). She's a timeless beauty, and these pictures totally prove that. Stunning is often the word that comes to mind. We've been through so much together, and through wanting to kill each other a few times in college, we've emerged better friends than ever. She's unique and bold. This is Mindi.

mam

m1

m2

m8

m13

m16

m19

m9


This was my first time shooting a grown-up, and I enjoyed it so very much, I wonder if this will open a new door in my photography? Thank you, my darling Min, for being so gorgeous and making this easy :) Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment