Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lately.

Well, lately in Louisiana, Southeast Louisiana to be a bit more specific, its been...in a word... hot. And not just regular, "oh my gosh its hot outside." Its been, "Step out the front door and your glasses fog up, concrete buckling, water in the pool too hot to swim because it feels like a bathtub" hot. Example:





So as far as the girls and I go, we aren't outside a whole lot. We are doing a lot of coloring, cartoon watching, snack eating, trips for ice cream, playing on the floor of the living room. We are perhaps the definition of fair skinned, my two girls and me. We, with our red hair and freckles, our pale white skin, and our tendancy to burn walking to the mail box, prefer not to subject ourselves to near heat stroke conditions all for the sake of summer. And on a more depressing note, it smells a lot like oil outside and that doesn't exactly make me want to keep my toddler and infant out for too long.



So, inside we stay. And we've been taking some ridiculously cute pictures. Mollie seems to be quite the little ham when it comes to mommy putting a camera in her face. Its like she knows to smile when she sees mommy's phone out. She's becoming such a little delight, and her little personality seems to be as sun-shiney happy as they get. Well for a 4 and 1/2 month old, that is. And this morning when she woke up she still seemed so sleepy. I knew she had been teething for the last few weeks, so we've been loading up on the Orajel. Naptime came today and as far as naps goes, my kiddos have never impressed me. Well, today, Mollie went down for her nap and 2 and 1/2 hours later when she woke up, there were two tiny little teeth poking out of those itty bitty gums. Turns out she was busy during that nap! My darling Molly Kat is growing up waaay to fast!!!!





And Maggie.... Weelll, I guess you could say Maggie's in a stage. She has developed this habit of responding to the word "No" with such a temper tantrum. She's got the most dramatic little fits going on, you just would not believe. Par Example:
Picnik collage

I can't help but laugh when she proceeds with her little chain of events. She's definitely a little daddy's girl. She's mischevious, and sometimes the child just doesn't listen. But, she knows she's got us right where she wants us. She'll be 2 in August, and I can't believe it. It feels like yesterday when I was holding this brand new little girl in my arms, and now I have to beg for a snuggle. I just wish she'd let me get a few good pics of her. But lately, I have had no luck.

We hung out with my sister and her little ones the other day. I've taken pictures of her littlest before, Miss Audrey, and a few of little Shane. But I must admit, Miss Emma Louise just loves the camera. And the camera loooves her.






And here's some with little Mr. Shane, too! Love these beautiful little chirrens!







Hope everyone is having a happy-go-lucky, oil-free summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment