Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A sweet baby girls Post

When we were blessed to find out we were expecting our first baby, I immediately felt like it was going to be a girl. I just knew it. But we chose not to find out. And when she was finally ready to take her first breath, and our hearts were pounding out of our chests in anticipation, I still felt positive we were having a baby girl. And when she was born, we heard "It's a girl!"



I couldn't hide my excitement. I had always said I would never dress my girls in pink, or put bows in their hair, or anything. Then, right there in the delivery room, all I could see in my head was a vision of PINK everywhere.


And that vision came true. Maggie's color is, without a doubt, pink. Just 8 short months later, we found out we would be expecting another baby. I had the same feeling that I had with Maggie. I knew that our lives of pink would be doubled. And we found out early that our second baby, Sweet Baby Mollie, was in fact a girl. Now, although there are plenty of pink toys and blankies, and baby dolls that are pink, my sweet Mollie, is definitely a purple/blue girl.












I can't put into words how my beautiful daughters have changed me. Just know that they have. I stay at home with them during the week and work as a nurse on the weekends. And when I'm at home with them, I try really hard to have fun and be creative. But sometimes it just doesn't work, and we end up in pjs until noon. But this was not one of those days.



We got up, had breakfast, and got on our bathing suits (well, they did at least). We blew up the tiniest of baby pools, and even though it was a little overcast, we got a good 20 minutes or so of playing in the water before the air got just the slightest chill in it and the water was just a smidge too cool. The love I have for my two incredible baby girls overwhelms me. I am so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment